Saturday 22 August 2015

Price of Translucence

This piece is dedicated to the struggle we have as we shed our masks to the ones we deeply care about, but are afraid, knowingly or not, that they might just...

If it could be I would open this shell,
Set whatever that it holds free.
Unseen yet you condemn what it might’ve been?
The tremble in my knees is for what did dwell,

What is inside may not be pearls to you.

This pain inside is for the child,
Wishing to see what could it be.
I know what it is and ever will be is me.
The shiver in my hands is for you hadn’t smiled,

To whatever I may become to you.
I’ve answered the call,
And paid up my price,

Let this storm do its deed tonight.

Let it be for I want to see
Whatever is to happen to me
Will you see me the same in spite?

Will you be dreaming of a passing still?
Tomorrow I’m set to lay to rest this bane.
Can I call to you when I am out again?
We can go on this journey if you will,

Let us find for you who it is I am.

I am ready today, roll in the anchor,
See me for I will come off broken,
Dear just try seeing me as I awaken.
Let alone fallen masks today, I’m no actor,

This sheet holds fleeting words no more.
I will call you out no more,
Stay, for this is who I will be,
Leave if what you see isn’t what you need.

I will not hold a grudge in my soul,
Hoping you stay to the closest side of my heart,
You know it will not be I who pulls apart. 

Let it be for I want to see
Whatever is to happen to me
Will you see me the same in spite?

 Written By Roshan Nair

 Copyright © 2015 Roshan Nair

Mail your poems to poeticflights@gmail.com to get showcased here

No comments:

Post a Comment